What is a VIN or chassis number?
A vehicle identification number or VIN is 17 character unique number of the vehicle. The chassis number is part of VIN so if you are able to locate the VIN, you can easily identify the chassis number of the vehicle. VIN helps us to identify whether the vehicle is commercial or private, make, model, manufacturer, and year.
How To Obtain a Car’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)?
- Registration Certificate: When you buy a car the VIN is printed on the Registration Certificate (RC).
- Under the hood: front of the engine block on most of the car.
- Driver’s side interior cash.
- The front end of the frame (old cars).
- Driver’s side door pillar.
How to get your vehicle details online?
- Visit the VAHAN website – (https://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/faces/user/login.xhtml).
- Click on Know Your Vehicle Details in the menu bar
- Type in your car’s registration number
- It might ask you for a “captcha code” – enter that
- The last step is to Hit the‘ Search Vehicle button