Everyone wants to own a vehicle, to ease their traveling cost, experiences, and to lower down their commute distance. But, not everyone can afford or willing to buy a new vehicle, and here comes into play the ownership transfer from a previous owner to a new owner of the vehicle. It is easier said than done. For the transfer ownership of the vehicle, there is a procedure to be followed and a set of documents required in order to initiate the transfer. For the same reason, this article will help you and guide you with the essential and necessary steps to be taken while transferring your vehicle or buying the transferred vehicle in your name. So, let us understand the gist of the process to transfer ownership of a vehicle in Uttar Pradesh.
When is transfer ownership of the vehicle required?
There are certain cases where transfer ownership of vehicle is required. These are as follows:
- Normal Sale
- Purchase of vehicle in an auction
- Death of the owner
The transfer may take place in the same state or different state.
Also Read : RTO Registration Charges In Uttar Pradesh
What are the necessary documents required for Transfer ownership of a vehicle?
- Form 28: No Objection Certificate application and grant.
- Form 29: Notice of Transfer ownership of the vehicle
- Form 30: Application of Intimation of transfer of ownership
- Form 31: Application for transfer of ownership of the vehicle to the new owner
- Form 32: Application for transfer of ownership, in case of the vehicle purchased in an auction.
- Form 35: Notice of termination, if the vehicle is hypothecated to a bank.
- Registration Certificate: RC held by the seller
- Proof of Address: Aadhar Card/Passport/Electricity Bill/Telephone Bill/Ration Card
- Insurance Certificate of the vehicle.
- PAN card of the parties, seller, and buyer.
- PUC or Pollution Under Control Certificate.
Also Read : Maruti Suzuki Car On-Road Price in Uttar Pradesh
What is the cost of transfer of ownership of a vehicle in Uttar Pradesh?
The Transfer of ownership of a vehicle in Uttar Pradesh costs starting from Rs.300 to Rs.2000, depending upon the vehicle’s age and RTO.
Also Read : Driving Licence Application Status Online
Offline procedure of Transfer Ownership of vehicle in Uttar Pradesh
- Notarize the sale agreement.
- Visit the RTO where the buyer is willing to transfer the ownership of the vehicle
- Fill the necessary documents mentioned above.
- Attach the other documents.
- Attach passport sized photographs.
- Hand over the required documents, along with the fees.
- Apply for a clearance certificate.
- After receiving an acknowledgment form from the RTO, you will be mailed the new Registration Certificate to your registered address.
Also Read : Hypothecation Removal Process Online and Offline
Online process of Transfer Ownership of a Vehicle in Uttar Pradesh
- Visit the website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/ operated by the Ministry of Road, Transport, and Highways.
- Click on the “Online Services” option
- Select “Vehicle Related Services”
- Enter your “Vehicle Registration Number”
- Click “Proceed”
- Click on Miscellaneous.
- Enter your “Phone Number”
- Generate OTP
- Click on “Show Details”
- Select “Transfer of Ownership” under the head “Application Selection”
- Enter all the details, such as New Owner’s details, Current Address, Permanent Address, Insurance details, etc.
- Click on “Payment” and pay the fees online.
- Both parties are required to attest the hard copies of the documents.
- Visit the RTO with the original Registration Certificate, Copy of Insurance Policy, PUC, and other documents.
- The new registration certificate will soon be mailed to the buyer at his given address, once the verification of these documents is successful.
Also Read : Vehicle Fitness Certificate Online
What different documents can be required in case of different situations in the ownership transfer of a vehicle?
Apart from the above mentioned documents, following documents can be required:
- Chassis and Engine Pencil Print
- Proof of succession if the case is of transfer of ownership of vehicle due to owner’s death.
- Buyer’s undertaking if the case of ownership transfer of vehicle is due topurchase in public auction.
Also Read : New Motor Vehicle Act 2019
Eligibility criteria for applying for Transfer Ownership of Vehicle
The eligibility criteria for applying for Transfer Ownership of Vehicle are:
- Only the owner of vehicle can apply for the transfer of ownership of vehicle.
- Legal Heir is eligible to apply, in case of the Death of the Owner.
Also read : CNG Kit Price in India
The validity of Registration Certificates
- In the case of a Normal vehicle, the vehicle’s registration certificate is valid for 15 years, and after that renewed every 5 years.
- In the case of goods and passenger vehicles, the registration certificate is valid till the fitness of the vehicle is valid.
|RTO Location||Code||RTO Location||Code|
|almora RTO||UP-1||deoria RTO||UP-52|
|haldwani RTO||UP-2||gorakhpur RTO||UP-53|
|saharanpur RTO||UP-11||mau RTO||UP-54|
|muzaffarnagar RTO||UP-12||siddharth RTO||UP-55|
|bulandshahr RTO||UP-13||padrauna RTO||UP-57|
|ghaziabad RTO||UP-14||sant RTO||UP-58|
|meerut RTO||UP-15||ballia RTO||UP-60|
|noida RTO||UP-16||ghazipur RTO||UP-61|
|bagpat RTO||UP-17||jaunpur RTO||UP-62|
|rto RTO||UP-19||mirzapur RTO||UP-63|
|bijnor RTO||UP-20||sonbhadra RTO||UP-64|
|moradabad RTO||UP-21||varanasi RTO||UP-65|
|rampur RTO||UP-22||allahabad RTO||UP-70|
|jyotiba RTO||UP-23||fatehpur RTO||UP-71|
|badaun RTO||UP-24||pratapgarh RTO||UP-72|
|bareilly RTO||UP-25||kaushambi RTO||UP-73|
|pilibhit RTO||UP-26||kannauj RTO||UP-74|
|shahjahanpur RTO||UP-27||etawah RTO||UP-75|
|hardoi RTO||UP-30||farrukhabad RTO||UP-76|
|kheri RTO||UP-31||kanpur RTO||UP-77|
|lucknow RTO||UP-32||kanpur RTO||UP-78|
|raebareli RTO||UP-33||auraiya RTO||UP-79|
|sitapur RTO||UP-34||agra RTO||UP-80|
|unnao RTO||UP-35||aligarh RTO||UP-81|
|lucknow RTO||UP-36||etah RTO||UP-82|
|hapur RTO||UP-37||firozabad RTO||UP-83|
|bahraich RTO||UP-40||mainpuri RTO||UP-84|
|barabanki RTO||UP-41||mathura RTO||UP-85|
|faizabad RTO||UP-42||mahamaya RTO||UP-86|
|gonda RTO||UP-43||kanshiram RTO||UP-87|
|sultanpur RTO||UP-44||banda RTO||UP-90|
|ambedkar RTO||UP-45||hamirpur RTO||UP-91|
|azamgarh RTO||UP-50||jalaun RTO||UP-92|
|basti RTO||UP-51||jhansi RTO||UP-93|