Driving is one of the most essential skills, an individual can excel in. Driving is important these days to conveniently complete the daily tasks, transit to your job or college and maintaining social life to easily meet people when and wherever you want. Driving is also necessary to be on a safer side as the vehicle is under your control and you are responsible for the type of driving you are doing. But, is that all you need to hit the road? No, you need to obtain a license too for driving officially on Indian roads.
Is that it? No, you can apply online for the driving license which will be super easy for you in this technology-driven era. You can check the status of your driving license as well and be relaxed about its delivery on your home address. For tracking the license, you need to follow this article and take the required steps mentioned. So, let us start with when and how to check the status of Driving License.
When do you check the online status of your Driving License?
When you apply for the Driving License whether online or offline and submit your supporting documents in the RTO office, after than the RTO office takes approximately, 30 days to check and verify each document and issue your Driving License. But, what if it takes more than that time period? Well, yes, sometimes it does take more than 30 days and then you can check the status or progress of your Driving License issuance online. This not only makes things easy and comfortable but also makes the applicant tension free.
Steps to check Driving License Status online
The various steps to check the status of your Driving License online through official state transport website or through official Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways website is mentioned below:
- Visit the State Transport website of your State.
- Click the registration tab “DL and LL”
- When you are redirected click on the “Know your Application Status” tab
- Enter the application number, given on your application form.
- Click on the “Submit” option.
- A new window will open, where you can check the status of your Driving License.
The steps involved in checking the status online on the website of Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways website are as follows:
- Visit the website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
- Click the “Online Services” tab.
- Then, select the “Driving License Related Services” tab.
- You will be redirected to a page, where you can choose the State where you reside in.
- Click on the “Verify Pay Status” tab on the left side of the page.
- Enter all the details such as Application number, Date of Birth, and Captcha.
- Select “Verify”
- The details related to the status of your Driving License will be shown to you.
Also Read : Smart Card Driving License
What are the points to remember while checking the Driving license status online?
There are certain points to remember after you apply for the Driving License and submit related documents that need to be kept in mind. They are as follows:
- RTO can take as many as 30 days to issue your Driving License.
- Officially, RTO issues the license in 2-3 weeks, but it will take more time to reach out to your given address.
- The rules and regulations of RTO can change anytime and so you need to keep a check on the status.
- It is very necessary that you keep in mind the expiry date of the Driving License and apply for the renewal before that.
- You should have a learning license before applying for the Driving License.
- You can always apply for a Duplicate Driving License if your License is damaged, lost, or stolen.
- You can apply for the International Driving License only when you have a Driving License. International Driving License can be used while driving your vehicle in any country.
- The License expired can be replaced on the same day or 2-3 weeks later.
- Visit the official websites for checking the status of the Driving License.
- Submit the correct documents and all the documents to avoid the delay in getting the Driving License.
- You can take the print out of the Status check for future reference.
- The status checking of the Driving License is absolutely free of cost.
Vehicles for which the Driving License Status can be checked
- Geared two-wheeler vehicle
- Non-Geared two-wheeler vehicle
- Four wheelers
- All commercial vehicles
- All transport vehicles
Frequently Asked Questions
You should check your Driving License Status in the third week after you submitted all the supporting documents and applied for DL.
No, there is no fee at all to check the Driving License Status online.
Private Vehicle Drivers cannot drive commercial buses or trucks. But, a Private Vehicle Driving License can be used to drive a commercial vehicle up to 7,500 kgs.
The Driving Licenses are issued by Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways and then provided to Regional Transport Offices (RTOs). The RTO across the country then issues and renews the Licenses and delivers the license to every individual’s given address.
Yes, you can save and print the status of your Driving License.
Driving Licence Fees & Status