Procuring a legal document or certificate for a learning gives confidence to anyone, and who will be unwilling to take that? The learning license is a confidence giver document that tells the owner that he/she is capable of driving a vehicle responsibly on the road and taking care of the traffic rules and regulations as much as others do. A learning license is a mandatory document before you get a permanent license for driving your vehicle. It gives you a legal authority as well as the sense of responsibility to handle your vehicle efficiently on the road.
This article will cover all the aspects of how, when, and where to apply for a learning license in Gujarat by both online and offline means. So, let’s dive in further and get to know more about the learner’s license.
Also Read : RTO Car Registration Charges In Gujarat
What is a Learning License?
A Learning License is a driving license obtained before the permanent driving license and is one of the most important documents for a driver in India. The motor vehicles act of 1988 made it mandatory or compulsory for everyone to hold a valid driving license for those who drive a vehicle.
What are the types of Learner’s License?
There are different types of Learner’s License that are applied for in Gujarat. Some of these include:
- Learner’s License for Non-geared motorcycles.
- Learner’s License for Geared motorcycles.
- Learner’s License for Light Motor Vehicles or LMV.
- Learner’s License for Medium Goods Vehicles.
- Learner’s License for Heavy Goods Vehicles or HGV.
- Learner’s License for Medium Passenger Vehicles or MPV.
- Learner’s License for Heavy Passenger Vehicles or HPV.
- Learner’s License for Invalid Carriage.
- Learner’s License for Motor Vehicles with specific qualities.
Also Read : CNG Kit Price in India
Eligibility criteria for Learner’s License in Gujarat
The below mentioned are some important criteria for being eligible to hold a Learner’s License in Gujarat.
- The minimum age required is 16 years for obtaining a Learner’s License for a non-geared motorcycle up to 50 cc engine capacity.
- The minimum age required is 20 years for obtaining a Learner’s License for Commercial Vehicle. At least a year of holding an LMV License is also required.
- The minimum age required is 18 years for obtaining a Learner’s License for a Light Motor Vehicle in Gujarat.
- Anyone who is willing to apply for Learner’s License must have proper knowledge about traffic rules and regulations.
Also Read : How To Find Out Any Car’s Manufacturing Date
Documents required for Learning License
- Medical Certificate Form No. 1
- Physical Fitness Certificate Form No. 1A
- Proof of Age (Pan Card, Ration Card, Passport, Voter ID, Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Address (Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Voter ID, Electricity/Phone Bill)
- Passport Sized Photographs
- Fees Rs.150 for application and Rs.50 for the Learner’s License Test.
Also Read : Check Driving Licence Application Status Online
How to Apply for Learning License offline in Gujarat?
- Visit your nearest RTO office
- Ask for the application form of Learner’s License and other related forms.
- Fill them with accurate information and attach the requested documents.
- You can also download the form from the website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/ and fill it.
- Submit the form with passport sized photographs and documents
- Pay the fees for application form
- Choose a suitable slot for taking the Learner’s License Test.
- Visit the RTO to give your test on the schedule allotted.
- Give the test.
- If cleared the test, the RTO office will issue the Learner’s License at the registered address.
Also Read : Hypothecation Removal Process Online and Offline
How to Apply for Learning License online in Gujarat?
- Visit the website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways with the help of this link, https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Click the “Online Services” drop-down menu.
- Select the “Driving License Related Services” tab.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Select the state, you wish to apply for the Learner’s License.
- Select “Apply Online” in the left corner.
- Click on “New Learner’s License”
- Read all the instructions completely and carefully.
- Fill in the required information and select “Submit”.
- Scan and attach all the documents required.
- Pay the fees online.
- Choose a preferred schedule for the Learner’s License Test
- Visit the RTO closest to you and give the test on the said schedule.
- Once cleared the test, the RTO office will issue the Learner’s License at the registered address.
Also Read : Smart Card Driving License
How to apply for Duplicate Learning License?
- Visit the nearest RTO office or website.
- Fill the LLD form.
- Attach the required documents (Age proof, Address proof, Learner’s License details, etc.)
- Attach passport sized photographs.
- Provide the details of stolen or misplaced Learner’s License.
- Attach a copy of FIR, if the Learner’s License is stolen.
- Pay application fees.
Also Read : Vehicle Fitness Certificate Online
Frequently Asked Questions
The Learner’s License is valid for 6 months from the date of issue and can be renewed as long as the holder is not applying for permanent driving license.
You can visit the website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/ or visit your nearest RTO office for a schedule that suits you and book your test accordingly.
No, you do not need to give a driving test in order to obtain a Learner’s License.
You can check the status of your Learning License on the website of parivahan https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
Yes, you can reschedule your slot for Learner’s License test.