Madhya Pradesh, located in the center of India, is noted for its rich culture, historical sites, and various landscapes. As you travel through its towns and rural areas, you will notice a thriving vehicle network that keeps the state moving. The Madhya Pradesh Regional Transport Office (MP RTO) oversees car registration and ownership transfers, which is critical to the effective operation of this vehicular ecosystem. In this post, we’ll look at the complexities of automobile registration in Madhya Pradesh, including the process, necessary documentation, and methods for transferring ownership.
Madhya Pradesh has the following 70 Regional Transport Offices.
|MP RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE||MP RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE|
Madhya Pradesh RTO Duties
- Temporary registration of the vehicle
- Permanent registration of the vehicle
- Renewal of certificate of vehicle registration
- Issue of duplicate certificate of registration
- Change in address/residence
- Agreement for endorsement of hire-purchase
- Termination of the hire-purchase agreement
Documents Required for Temporary Registration:
- Address proof (Aadhaar Card/PAN Card/Ration Card/Electricity Bill)
- Certificate of Pollution Under Control (PUC)
- Copy of design approval of STA in case Semi Trailer or Trailer
- Customs Clearance Certificate for Imported Vehicles
- Form 21- Sales Certificate
- Form 22- Roadworthiness certificate from the manufacturer of the vehicle (Form 22A)
- In the case of the Ex-Army Vehicle- The original Sales Certificate from the Authorities in Form 21
- Insurance document of the vehicle
- Tax is to be paid as per the schedule of the Madhya Pradesh Motor Vehicles Taxation Act
How to Register a Motor Vehicle in Madhya Pradesh?
In Madhya Pradesh, registering a vehicle is a systematic procedure to guarantee that automobiles meet legal criteria and safety standards. Here’s a rundown of the stages involved in registering a car with the MP RTO:
- Application Submission: Take the completed application form for car registration to your local MP RTO office.
- Verification of papers: Make sure you have all of the relevant papers, such as evidence of identification, residence, vehicle insurance, pollution under control (PUC) certificate, and manufacturer’s invoice.
- Inspection: RTO authorities will thoroughly check the vehicle to verify it satisfies safety and pollution regulations.
- Fees: Pay the applicable registration fees and taxes based on the category and purpose of usage of the vehicle.
- Registration Certificate Issuance: Following a successful inspection and fee payment, the MP RTO will provide a registration certificate, number plate, and other essential paperwork.
Procedure for Registration of a Motor Vehicle at MP RTO:
The registration of a motor vehicle at the MP RTO entails a number of stages to guarantee legal compliance and roadworthiness. The registration process entails the submission of required paperwork, the examination of the vehicle, and the payment of appropriate costs. After completing the process, you will be issued a registration certificate and a number plate, allowing you to legally drive your car on Madhya Pradesh highways.
Number of Transport Offices and RTOs in Madhya Pradesh
|Transport Department||Number of offices|
|Regional Transport offices||10|
|Additional Regional Transport offices||10|
|District Transport office||30|
|Transport Checkpost at State Border||40|
|Transport Commissioner, Gwalior||1|
|RTO Location||RTO Code||RTO Location||RTO Code|