We come across so many vehicles every day that helps us covering great distances in so less time. Vehicles not only help us make our life convenient and smooth but also responsible for showing off our standard and class to society. In a matter of few years, vehicles we own distinguish us from the rest and enhance our prestige to a great extent. This has led to a rise in vehicle owners and everyone wanting to procure the best of the vehicle which they can afford. As the vehicle demand is increasing, so the people want to update themselves from old to new models of the car, and if from no car to used or old car with less depreciation of it as a whole.
All this comes to a single conclusion that how to efficiently transfer ownership of vehicles from one person to the other in case of second-hand vehicles being bought and sold. This article specifically discusses all this that what all documents are needed for transfer ownership, what is the procedure in Bihar, and what if the owner and purchaser are from different states, what is to be done then. So, let us start discussing each topic one by one.
When is the transfer of vehicle ownership done?
There are 3 cases where vehicle ownership can be done:
- In case of Normal Sale
- In case of Death of the owner
- In case of Purchase of vehicle in a public auction
Also, this transfer can be within the state or interstate as per the owner and buyer’s residence.
What are the documents required for vehicle ownership transfer?
- Original Registration Certificate
- Proof of Address ( Aadhar Card/ Passport/ Electricity Bill/ Telephone Bill/ Ration Card)
- Insurance Certificate
- PAN Card of both the seller and the buyer.
- PUC Certificate
- Form 28
- Form 29
- Form 30
- Form 31
- Form 32
- Form 35
- Passport-sized photographs
Also Read : RTO Registration Charges in Bihar
What is the cost of vehicle ownership transfer?
The cost of vehicle ownership transfer can be varied from Rs.300 to Rs.2000, depending on the type of vehicle and the RTO.
What is the procedure of transfer ownership of vehicles offline in Bihar?
- Procurement of No Objection Certificate (NOC) from Original RTO, if the buyer and seller reside in different RTO areas.
- Visit your RTO with relevant documents
- Submit the documents along with the passport-sized photographs.
- Pay application fees.
- The transfer ownership of the vehicle will be done in 30 days.
What is the procedure of transfer ownership of vehicles online in Bihar?
- Visit the website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Click on the “Online Services” tab
- Select the “Vehicle Related Services” option
- Click on “The other States”
- Enter your “Vehicle Registration Number” on the redirected page and click proceed
- Click on Miscellaneous
- Enter your “Mobile Number”, click on “Generate OTP”
- Enter the correct OTP and select “Show Details”
- Under “Application Selection”, select “Transfer of Ownership”
- Enter your details under “Transfer of Ownership Details” like new owner’s details, current address, permanent address, Insurance details.
- Click on “Payment” to pay the fees.
- Now, Form 29 and 30 along with the receipt will be generated.
- Both the parties, the seller and the buyer have to sign the hard copy of the documents.
- Along with this, other documents have to be submitted to the RTO Office.
- The RC will be transferred in 30 days or more.
Also Read : Driving Licence Application Status
What documents are required for the transfer ownership of vehicle interstate?
- Original RC from the other state RTO
- Form 20
- Form 27
- Form 33
- NOC from previous RTO
- Copy of address proof (Attested)
- Copy of Driving License (Attested)
- Copy of PUC Certificate (Attested)
- Pan Card
- Form 60 or 61
- Passport sized photographs
- Bank NOC if the vehicle to be transferred is under loan
Procedure to transfer ownership of vehicle when the buyer and seller are from different states?
- Procure the NOC from the original RTO
- Visit the RTO where the vehicle is to be transferred
- Fill in the application form
- Attach all the necessary documents along with the form
- Submit the documents
- Vehicle re-registration after the interstate transfer
- Payment of fees
- Transfer of vehicle ownership in 30 days or more.
Also Read : How To Find Out Any Car’s Manufacturing Date
What are the documents required for refund of Payment of Road Tax?
- Application for road tax refund
- Form 16 duly signed and correctly filled
- Copy of new Registration Certificate
- Copy of old Registration Certificate
- Insurance Policy with Registration number
- Proof of ID
- Proof of address
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit the website https://parivahan.gov.in/rcdlstatus/ Enter the Registration Number and Verification Code, Click “Check Status”, you can see the status of your RC transfer.
Approximately, 30 days or sometimes more than that is taken by RTO Office to transfer ownership of vehicle or RC Transfer
Yes, of course you can. Visit the website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/ to transfer ownership of vehicle online.
Yes, absolutely. It is necessary and important to obtain NOC, if the seller and buyer live in different RTO areas.
|RTO LOCATIONS||RTO Code||RTO LOCATIONS||RTO Code|
|Patna RTO||BR-01||Gopalganj RTO||BR-28|
|Gaya RTO||BR-02||Siwan RTO||BR-29|
|Bhojpur RTO||BR-03||Sitamarhi RTO||BR-30|
|Chapra RTO||BR-04||Vaishali RTO||BR-31|
|Motihari RTO||BR-05||Madhubani RTO||BR-32|
|Muzaffarpur RTO||BR-06||Samastipur RTO||BR-33|
|Darbhanga RTO||BR-07||Madhubani RTO||BR-34|
|Munger RTO||BR-08||Sahebganj RTO||BR-35|
|Begusarai RTO||BR-09||Godda RTO||BR-36|
|Bhagalpur RTO||BR-10||Kishanganj RTO||BR-37|
|Purnia RTO||BR-11||Araria RTO||BR-38|
|Bilaspur RTO||BR-12||Katihar RTO||BR-39|
|Hazaribagh RTO||BR-13||Deoghar RTO||BR-40|
|Ranchi RTO||BR-14||Gumla RTO||BR-41|
|Palamu RTO||BR-15||Lohardaga RTO||BR-42|
|Jamshedpur RTO||BR-16||Madhepura RTO||BR-43|
|Dhanbad RTO||BR-17||Buxar RTO||BR-44|
|Chaibassa RTO||BR-18||Bhabua RTO||BR-45|
|Saharsa RTO||BR-19||Jamui RTO||BR-46|
|Bokaro RTO||BR-20||Koderma RTO||BR-47|
|Nalanda RTO||BR-21||Supaul RTO||BR-50|
|Bettiah RTO||BR-22||Banka RTO||BR-51|
|Giridih RTO||BR-23||Sheikhpura RTO||BR-52|
|Dehri RTO||BR-24||Lakhisarai RTO||BR-53|
|Jehanabad RTO||BR-25||Sheohar RTO||BR-55|
|Aurangabad RTO||BR-26||Arwal RTO||BR-56|
|Nawada RTO||BR-27||Rohtas RTO||BR-57|
Process to Transfer Ownership of Vehicle in India