When it comes to vehicles Lucknow is one of the cities in India where we can find almost all types of vehicles and with every day passes these vehicles on the road are increasing. Vehicles make our life convenient and smooth but they are also for showing off our standard and class to society. With the launch of new vehicles and government restriction of 15 Years for petrol cars and 10 years for diesel, people want to update themselves from old to a new model.
So whey they want to sell the car the main problem is how to transfer ownership of the car in Lucknow from one person to another. Here we have tried to solve this issue with what all documents are needed for transfer ownership in Lucknow with the complete procedure required to transfer car in Lucknow, and what if the owner and purchaser are from different states, what is to be done then. So, let us start discussing each topic one by one.
Also Read : Vehicle Fitness Certificate Online
When is the transfer of vehicle ownership done?
There are 3 cases where vehicle ownership transfer can be done:
- In case of Normal Sale
- In case of Death of the owner
- In case of Purchase of vehicle in a public auction
Also, this transfer can be within the state or interstate as per the owner and buyer’s residence.
Also read : RTO Registration Charges In Uttar Pradesh
What are the documents required for vehicle ownership transfer?
Below is the list of documents required for vehicle ownership transfer in Lucknow.
- Original Registration Certificate
- Proof of Address (Any One)
- Aadhar Card
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Ration Card
- Insurance Certificate
- PAN Card of both the seller and the buyer.
- PUC Certificate
- Form 28
- Form 29
- Form 30
- Form 31
- Form 32
- Form 35
- Passport-sized photographs
Cost of vehicle ownership transfer
The cost of vehicle ownership transfer in Lucknow can be varied from Rs.300 to Rs.2000, depending on the type of vehicle and the RTO.
|Phone||0522- 2436445, 2433555|
|Address||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh – 226001|
Also Read: Driving Licence fees in Uttar Pradesh
Procedure of transfer ownership of vehicles offline in Lucknow
- Procurement of No Objection Certificate (NOC) from Original RTO, if the buyer and seller reside in different RTO areas.
- Visit your RTO with relevant documents
- Submit the documents along with the passport-sized photographs.
- Pay application fees.
The transfer ownership of the vehicle will be done in 30 days
Online procedure to transfer ownership of vehicles in Lucknow
- Visit the website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Click on the “Online Services” tab
- Select the “Vehicle Related Services” option
- Click on “The other States”
- Enter your “Vehicle Registration Number” on the redirected page and click proceed
- Click on Miscellaneous
- Enter your “Mobile Number”, click on “Generate OTP”
- Enter the correct OTP and select “Show Details”
- Under “Application Selection”, select “Transfer of Ownership”
- Enter your details under “Transfer of Ownership Details” like new owner’s details, current address, permanent address, Insurance details.
- Click on “Payment” to pay the fees.
- Now, Form 29 and 30 along with the receipt will be generated.
- Both the parties, the seller and the buyer have to sign the hard copy of the documents.
- Along with this, other documents have to be submitted to the RTO Office.
- The RC will be transferred in 30 days or more.
Also Read : Driving Licence Application Status
What documents are required for the transfer ownership of vehicle interstate?
- Original RC from the other state RTO
- Form 20
- Form 27
- Form 33
- NOC from previous RTO
- Copy of address proof (Attested)
- Copy of Driving License (Attested)
- Copy of PUC Certificate (Attested)
- Pan Card
- Form 60 or 61
- Passport sized photographs
- Bank NOC if the vehicle to be transferred is under loan
Also Read : How to Renew a Driving License in Lucknow?
Procedure to transfer ownership of vehicle when the buyer and seller are from different states?
- Procure the NOC from the original RTO
- Visit the RTO where the vehicle is to be transferred
- Fill in the application form
- Attach all the necessary documents along with the form
- Submit the documents
- Vehicle re-registration after the interstate transfer
- Payment of fees
- Transfer of vehicle ownership in 30 days or more.
Also Read : How To Find Out Any Car’s Manufacturing Date
What are the documents required for refund of Payment of Road Tax?
- Application for road tax refund
- Form 16 duly signed and correctly filled
- Copy of new Registration Certificate
- Copy of old Registration Certificate
- Insurance Policy with Registration number
- Proof of ID
- Proof of address
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, You Can.
If RC is not transferred then you continue to be liable under the civil and criminal law for any civil wrong or crime committed while using the vehicle.
Yes, absolutely. It is necessary and important to obtain NOC, if the seller and buyer live in different RTO areas.
The process to Transfer Ownership of a Vehicle in India