The modern era of cars, scooters, motorbikes, and jeeps that people love to own and drive, is changing the way we used to see transports in the past. Now, we are more concerned about what transport or vehicle we are traveling by. Is it a car or a scooter? Is it a luxury destination with parents and relatives or a fun trip with friends? All are dependent on each other nowadays. If you have a car, your whole family can enjoy a long ride and if you own a scooter or bike, you can take benefits of the narrow road and enjoy the fresh air with your partner or friends. But, is it that easy to make this beautiful imagination realistic. Yes, absolutely. All you need is a License to drive.
There are two kinds of License that are Learning License and a Driving License. But first, you have to obtain a Learning License in order to get the Driving License from the nearest RTO Office. And how do you think you will obtain it? Well, this is why you have to go through this Article. Let us learn about How to apply for Learning License online as well as offline.
What is a Learning License?
A learning License is a document issued by the RTO Office before issuing a Driving License. It acts as a restricted and temporary Driving License and the person holding it must be aware of all the traffic rules and regulations and clear the test necessary for obtaining Learner’s License.
What are the types of Learner’ License in Maharashtra?
There are many types of Learner’s License and some of them are the following:
- Non-Geared Motorcycles Learner’s License
- Geared Motorcycles Learner’s License
- Light Motor Vehicles Learner’s License
- Medium Goods Vehicles Learner’s License
- Medium Passenger Vehicles Learner’s License
- Heavy Passenger Vehicles Learner’s License
- Heavy Goods Vehicles Learner’s License
- Invalid Carriage Vehicles Learner’s License
- Specifically designed motor vehicles Learner’s License
- Road Rollers Learner’s License
Also Read :- RTO Form 28
What is the Eligibility Criteria for obtaining Learner’s License in Maharashtra?
- The minimum age for non-geared motorcycle owners should be 16 Years.
- The minimum age for obtaining Learner’s License for Light Motor Vehicles in Maharashtra is 18 Years
- The minimum age for obtaining Learner’s License for Commercial Vehicles is 20 Years.
- Minimum Education qualification is till 8th grade.
- A must-have knowledge of all the traffic rules and regulation before obtaining the License.
What are the documents required for Learning License?
- Form 1 (Physical Fitness Certificate)
- Form 1A (Medical Certificate)
- Form 2
- Passport Sized Photographs
- Proof of Age (Passport/Birth Certificate/Voter ID/Pan Card)
- Proof of Address (Aadhar Card/Ration Card/Voter ID/Electricity Bill)
- Fees (Rs.150 for the application and Rs.50 for the test
Also Read : RTO Registration Charges In Maharashtra
How to Apply Offline for Learning License in Maharashtra?
- Visit the nearest RTO office.
- Ask for the application form of Learner’s License and fill it correctly and download others required forms from https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Submit the forms along with the above-mentioned documents and passport-sized photos.
- Pay Application fees.
- Choose a suitable slot accordingly for your Learner’s License Test.
- Give the test on the selected date and time in the RTO Office.
- When you clear your test successfully, the RTO will issue the learner’s license to your address.
Also Read : Driving Licence Application Status
How to Apply Online for Learning License in Maharashtra?
- Visit the official website of the Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Click on “Online Services”
- Then select “Driving License Related Services” option
- You will be redirected to a new page
- Select your State you wish to apply for Learning License in.
- Select “Apply Online” and then click on “New Learner’s License”
- Click “Continue” after reading all the instructions
- Fill in the necessary information and click “Submit”
- Scan all the documents required
- Pay the application fees
- Choose a suitable slot for Learner’s License Test.
- Visit the nearest RTO Office and appear for the test.
- When you will clear the test, the RTO will issue your License to your home address.
Also Read : Driving Licence fees in Maharashtra
What is the Test procedure for Learning License?
- The test is completely online in Maharashtra.
- The test is based on how well a candidate knows the traffic signals and traffic rules and regulations.
- There are about 20 questions that are must to answer questions.
- The test comprises of multiple choice questions.
- If at least 12 out of 20 questions are correct, the candidate clears the test.
- When cleared the test, the Lerner’s License will reach at your given address.
Also Read : Maharashtra Vehicle Registration Details
How to make corrections in Learning License?
- The corrections can be made with the same RTO Office where the License was issued.
- The documents specified by the RTO are important to be carried when applying for corrections.
- A copy of the Learner’s License along with the application for requested changes must be submitted to the RTO.
- Once, the application is approved, you have to pay a nominal fee, and then you will get a receipt as well for that.
- The fee payment receipt can be used as a proof till the new Learner’s License gets issued.
Frequently Asked Questions
For 6 months the Learner’s License is valid. After that, you can apply for the Driving License.
Yes, absolutely. You can apply for Learning License sitting at home, online and pay for it online as well. Only for appearing in the test you have to visit the RTO Office.
No, you can only renew your Learner’s License from the same RTO Office that issued your Learning License in the first place.
If at all you fail the learning License test, then you can reapply for the test after 7 days and reappear according to your suitable slot.
If the test is online, then you will get the result immediately.