As our country is developing with every new technology and resources, the need for using them legally with full authority and know-how is extremely important. Thus, we need to obtain legal licenses in order to be accepted fully by the government and society that we know the art of using new technology or resources. Here, the Learning License came into being. We come across a lot of vehicles in our everyday life as they have become an essential part of our life. But for using the vehicle too we need a License. A License is a valid proof for others that we know the operations of the vehicle we are using and have the authority and responsibility to drive on the road.
But, how can we apply for the Learning License? Or how can we apply online or offline conveniently? The answer lies in this article. You just need to go through the whole article and you will become aware of every how, when, and why in a couple of minutes. Let us start knowing every detail of the Learning License and how it is applied.
Also Read : RTO Registration Charges In Uttar Pradesh
What is Learning License?
Learning License is a mandatory document procured before the issue of Permanent Driving License. It gives you the necessary right to drive the vehicle safely on the Indian roads and can be easily obtained from the RTO office.
Also Read : CNG Kit Price in India
Types of Learner’s License in Uttar Pradesh
There are a number of Learner’s License for different kind of vehicles. A few are mentioned below:
- Learner’s License for Non-Geared Motorcycles
- Learner’s License for Geared Motorcycles
- Learner’s License for Light Motor Vehicles or LMV
- Learner’s License for Medium Vehicles
- Learner’s License for Medium Passenger Vehicles or MPV
- Learner’s License for Heavy Passenger Vehicles or HPV
- Learner’s License for Heavy Goods Vehicles or HGV
- Learner’s License for Road Rollers
- Learner’s License for Invalid Carriage Vehicles
- Learner’s License for Motor Vehicles of specific descriptions
Also Read : How To Find Out Any Car’s Manufacturing Date
Eligibility criteria for obtaining a Learning License in Uttar Pradesh
There are some important set criteria for obtaining Learning License in Uttar Pradesh. They are mentioned as follows:
- 16 years of age, is the minimum age required to obtain a Learner’s License for a Non-Geared Motorcycle in Uttar Pradesh.
- 18 years of age, is the minimum age required to obtain Learner’s License for Light Motor Vehicle or LMV in Uttar Pradesh.
- 20 years of age, is the minimum age required to obtain Learner’s License for Commercial Vehicle in Uttar Pradesh.
- 8th standard should be cleared successfully by the candidate who is willing to apply for Commercial Vehicle License in Uttar Pradesh.
- The candidate must know the traffic rules and regulations in order to obtain a Learner’s License.
Also Read : Check Driving Licence Application Status Online
Also Read: Driving Licence fees in Uttar Pradesh
Documents for applying for Learning License in Uttar Pradesh
The below points showcase some important documents you need to have in order to apply for the Learning License.
- Form No. 1 (Physical Fitness Certificate)
- Form No. 1A (Medical Certificate)
- Form No. 2
- Passport-sized photographs.
- Proof of Age (Pan Card, Ration Card, Passport, Birth Certificate, Voter Id, LIC Policy)
- Proof of Address (Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Passport, Voter ID, Electricity Bill, Phone Bill)
- Application Fees (Rs.150)
- Test Fees(Rs.50)
Also Read : Hypothecation Removal Process Online and Offline
How to apply for Learning License offline in Uttar Pradesh?
- Visit your nearest RTO Office
- Request for the Learner’s License application form and fill it correctly and completely.
- You can also download the form from the website http://uptransport.upsdc.gov.in/en-us/
- Attach all the documents required.
- Submit the form, documents with passport-sized photographs.
- Pay application fees.
- Choose a slot that suits you for giving the test.
- Visit the RTO on the same schedule and give the test.
- If cleared successfully, you will be receiving the Learner’s License at your registered address in some days.
Also Read : Smart Card Driving License
How to apply for Learning License online in Uttar Pradesh?
- Visit UP Transport website http://uptransport.upsdc.gov.in/en-us/ or visit the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Click on the “Online Services” menu.
- Select the “Driving License Related Services” option.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Select the State.
- Select the “Apply Online” menu in the extreme left corner.
- Click on “New Learner’s License”
- Read all the instructions and click “Continue”.
- Fill in all the information required and select “Submit”.
- Upload and attach all the related documents.
- Pay application fees.
- Choose a suitable slot for Learner’s License test.
- Visit the nearest RTO on the scheduled slot.
- Give the test.
- If cleared successfully, you will receive the Learner’s License on your registered address.
Also Read : Vehicle Fitness Certificate Online
How to apply for Duplicate Learning License?
- Visit the website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Select the state where the Learner’s License was issued.
- Select “Apply Online”
- Click on “Services on Learner’s License”
- Enter the “Learner License Number”.
- Enter the “Date of Birth”.
- Click on “Proceed”.
- You will be required to submit an FIR copy if the Learner’s License is stolen in the RTO Office.
- The Duplicate License will be issued to your registered address.
Frequently Asked Questions
Driving Licenses are issued by RTO office that is Regional Transport Office in Uttar Pradesh.
The Learning License remains valid for 6 months from the date of issue of the License. Yu can also get the License renewed if you have not applied for a permanent driving license.
The Learner’s License applicant is judged by the test that have objective type questions based on traffic rules and regulations, road signs and signals. The candidate is required to obtain at least 60% of marks in the test to clear successfully and obtain a Learning License.
The Learning License is valid throughout the country India