One of the most crucial documents for anyone in India who wants to drive a 2-wheeler, 3-wheeler, or 4-wheeler on a public road is a driving licence. Initial DLs are typically given out for 20 years, after which they must be renewed. To continue operating an automobile without violating the terms of the law, one must renew their driver’s licence.
Every three years, a licence for a commercial, passenger, or cargo vehicle must be renewed. A medical certificate is necessary, the applicant holds a commercial licence, and in any other situation where the applicant is above 40.
Note: For All Licensing Related Services, Only Self-Attested Documents Are Required. There Is No Need To Submit an Affidavit.
Renew Driving License Online in Delhi
Step 1: Open the RTO website – http://transport.delhi.gov.in/home/transport-department.
Step 2: Fill out the DL renewal form and submit it with the required documents.
Step 3: After submitting you will get an application number for the test.
Step 5: Once you give the test on the required date and clear it you will be allotted a learner license.
Step 6: Make the payment for the driving license fees of Rs. 400 and choose a date and time to give the driving test at the RTO.
Step 7: Visit the RTO 30 days after receiving the learner’s license.
Step 8: Take the test and clear it to get a permanent driving license.
Documents required to renew DL in Delhi
FOR PRIVATE LICENCE:
1. Application in Form No.9.
2. Two copies of your recent passport-size photograph.
3. Original Driving license held.
4. Self-Attested copies of Valid Proof of age and residence.
5. Form No.1 self-declaration of physical fitness.
6. Prescribed fee
7. Valid Medical Certificate in form No.1A (In case of applicants of age above 40 years).
FOR COMMERCIAL LICENSE:
1. The above documents as required in the Private License
2. Valid Medical Certificate in form No.1A
3. Driver refreshing Training certificate in case of HMV.
4. One day/short period Re-Fresher Training course for all other categories of Commercial vehicles.
Also read: Driving Licence fees in Delhi
Renew Driving License Offline in Delhi
Step 1: Get the application forms for DL renewal by going to the RTO. Additionally, you can get them from the Parivahan website.
Step 2: Complete the application form with the necessary details.
Step 3: Before visiting the RTO, have all the necessary paperwork on available.
Step 4: Submit the RTO application forms and supporting documentation.
Step 5: At the RTO’s fee collection desk, pay the renewal fees for your driver’s licence and get your acknowledgment receipt.
|Delhi RTO||Delhi RTO|
|DL 01||DL 10|
|DL 02||DL 11|
|DL 03||DL 12|
|DL 04||DL 13|
|DL 05||DL 14|
|DL 06||DL 15|
|DL 07||DL 16|
|DL 08||DL 17|
|DL 09||DL 18|