We all are fond of driving, and now it becomes essential too. Driving enables us to be more independent, self-reliant, and also, save our time and energy. But, to drive on a road we must go through some guidelines and procedures. Having a DL (Driving License) is one of them.
Today, we are going to discuss how one can attain the DL, its types, procedure, and, documents required.
What is a Driving License?
A driving License can simply be defined as a legal document that authorizes you to drive a vehicle.
Why Driving License is important?
Driving brings comfort and convenience in our life but, to make sure that a driver is well-skilled, and does not cause any damage to the public, it is very important to have a DL.
Also Read : Nissan Magnite Specifications, Features, Price and Mileage
Types of Driving License in Kerala:
In India, there are four types of driving license which anyone who is 18years or above can easily apply for.
- Applicant should be 18 years of age or above.
- The Learner’s License is valid up to 6months from the date of issue.
- This 6months duration is given to you to polish your driving skills.
- Learner’s License can easily be obtained online or offline.
- A permanent license is simply an assurance from the RTO that the applicant is eligible enough to drive.
- As soon as the duration of 6 months is over, the permanent license will be issued to the applicant.
- The minimum age to get a permanent license is 18 years.
- The permanent license is only for private vehicles such as a car and two-wheelers.
Commercial Driving License:
- A commercial Driving License is issued for vehicles that are commercially being used. For example, carry away passengers or goods.
- Eligibility criteria for Commercial DL are different from the rest.
- Applicant should necessarily pass the 8th standard examination.
- Applicant should be 20 years of age or above to get the Commercial DL.
International Driving Permits:
- International Driving License is for the person who is seeking to rent or drive any vehicle on foreign land.
- International DL can easily be obtained if an applicant has a permanent DL already.
- The validity of IDP is only for one year.
- Applicant should re-apply for the License as soon as the validity expires.
Also Read : RTO Registration Charges In Kerala
Methods to obtain Learner’s Driving License in Kerala:
Step 1- Visit the official website (www.kerala.gov.in/transport-department)
Step 2- Fill and submit the form.
Step 3- Submit the required documents.
Step 4- Submit application fees.
Step 5- Select the time slot for the driving test.
Step 6- If qualified, your License will be dispatched to your registered address within 2-3 weeks
Step1 – Visit RTO office.
Step2 – Fill the Learner’s application form.
Step3- Submit the form along with self-attested documents and passport photographs.
Step 4 – Pay the application fees either by cash or online mode.
Step 5 – Select the time slot for Learner’s license test.
Step 6 – Visit the RTO Office again on the selected date for the test.
Step 7 – If qualified, Your Learner’s license will be posted to your registered address.
Documents Required for Learner’s Driving License:
- Any 1 from below for the age verification:
- Birth Certificate
- High School mark sheet
- Any 1 from below for the address verification:
- Ration Card
- Voter’s ID
- Aadhar Card:
- Other Documents:
- Passport size photograph
- Self-attested copies of mentioned documents.
HOW TO CHECK DL STATUS in KERALA?
- Visit the website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Click on “Online Services”
- Click on the option “Driving License Related Services”
- Select the State you applied your DL in.
- On the redirected page, select “Apply Online”
- Select “Application Status”
- Enter your Application number, Date of Birth, and captcha correctly.
- Click on “Submit”
- You will get an updated status of your Driving License.
Kerala Vehicle Registration Details
|RTO Locations||RTO Codes||RTO Locations||RTO Codes|